Procedures for Clubhouse/Back Lawn Rentals
- The Clubhouse/Back Lawn must be reserved in advance, always on a “first come, first serve” basis. (An application that includes a payment will be given priority over an application without a payment if both are requesting the same date). However, HOA community events and meetings and civic use (i.e. election days) will always be given priority. Completed applications with payment and/or required insurance documentation should be placed in the Clubhouse mail slot. Reservations may also be processed through the Hidden Lake website at www.hidden-lake.org under “Clubhouse Reservations”.
- Clubhouse ONLY: Include with the application, one check from the homeowner/renter made payable to Oak Lake Association, in the amount of $325.00 ($150.00 per day non-refundable usage fee, $100.00 security deposit, non-refundable deep cleaning fee of $75). The security deposit will be returned to the homeowner/renter within 45 days from the date of the event if the Clubhouse is left in clean and acceptable order and if no infractions have occurred. If there is any damage, a loss of the security deposit plus additional charges may occur.
- Clubhouse/Back lawn Combo: : Include with the application, one check from the homeowner/renter made payable to Oak Lake Association, in the amount of $400.00 ($225.00 per day non-refundable usage fee, $100.00 security deposit, non-refundable deep cleaning fee of $75). The security deposit will be returned to the homeowner/renter within 45 days from the date of the event if the Clubhouse/back lawn is left in clean and acceptable order and if no infractions have occurred. If there is any damage, a loss of the security deposit plus additional charges may occur. Note:A certificate of insurance as described in the “LIABILITY INSURANCE” section below must be given to the Clubhouse Chairperson when the Application is approved. This is only necessary if you will be using the lawn for any party activities that include external equipment (i.e. bounce house). No rental will occur in its absence.
- Only Clubhouse/Back Lawn Combo rental allows for the placement of jumpers and other apparatus on the back lawn. Use of such items is contingent upon the Association’s receipt of a certificate of insurance furnished by the Homeowner/Renter. (See “LIABILITY INSURANCE” section below). No decorations/apparatus will be attached to common area gates or neighbor’s gates or trees with a Back Lawn rental.
- The Clubhouse Chairperson will issue Clubhouse and Restroom keys to the Renter the day before the event. The keys are to be returned to the Chairperson or dropped in the Clubhouse mail slot within 24 hours of the end of the event. All guests should park in the parking lot. Overflow parking is allowed on the bordering streets.
- The Clubhouse and/or Back Lawn may not be used for the filming of marketing, entertainment or other commercial purpose
- Rental periods are from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Quiet Hours are after 10:00 p.m. and before 7:00 a.m. per Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XI. (Please be considerate of your neighbors regarding loud music and other noise before and after quiet hours). However, when utilizing Back Lawn, all persons and apparatus must be removed by 10:00 p.m.
- Set-up for any event on the previous day of the event must be approved by the Clubhouse Chairperson.
- The Clubhouse and/or Back Lawn must be restored to their previous state of cleanliness immediately following usage. Vacuuming is required. All holes must be filled and grass must remain undamaged. Trash bags and containers will be provided. However, trash removal is the responsibility of the renting homeowner. Common area trash receptacles may not be used for refuse from a rental. If trash is left on the premises, the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Damages must be reported immediately to the Clubhouse Chairperson. The homeowner is responsible for all damage caused by themselves and/or their tenants and guests. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all damages or misconduct within the community.
- Use of the Clubhouse Only DOES NOT INCLUDE USE OF ANY OTHER COMMON AREAS (LAWNS, LAKE, TENNIS, ISLAND, OR POOL AREAS). No furniture from the Clubhouse may be placed off of the Clubhouse decking.
- Use of the Clubhouse/Back Lawn DOES NOT INCLUDE USE OF OTHER COMMON AREAS (FRONT LAWN, LAKE, TENNIS, ISLAND, OR POOL AREAS). No furniture from the Clubhouse may be placed on the lawn.
- Only Adult homeowner/tenants may rent the Clubhouse. If an event is staged for anyone under 18, the Adult homeowner/tenant who is responsible for the rental must be present at all times during the entire event.
- Tenants may only rent the use of the Clubhouse and Back Lawn with the consent and signature of the homeowner.
- Decorations: No tacks/staples on walls or other surfaces allowed; no tape on wallpapered surfaces. No decorations are to be tied to light fixtures or fire extinguishers. Exits: No entrance/exit doors are to be blocked at any time during the event.
- Renters should turn off the lights, the air conditioning/heating, and lock all the doors before leaving the Clubhouse. Do not touch refrigerator/freezer controls. Renters will empty the refrigerator of any food/drink items.
- Limitation for the rental is to be 62 persons total. The Los Angeles Fire Department, Zoning, and Public Safety Division have determined that not more than 62 persons may assemble in the Clubhouse. NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED INSIDE THE CLUBHOUSE AT ANY TIME. Ashtrays are provided outside of each Clubhouse door.
- At the Board’s discretion, events with over 40 people may require a security officer present, at the homeowner’s expense.
LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR CLUBHOUSE/BACK LAWN COMBO RENTAL
An original liability insurance certificate stating that the “Oak Lake Homeowners Association” has been listed as an additional insured is required for this rental. NO EXCEPTIONS. The amount of coverage should be at least $250,000. The certificate is to be delivered at the time of the signed Clubhouse Rental Application. Check with your insurance agent for more details on how to obtain such a certificate.
CANCELLATION: A $25.00 charge will be assessed in the event that a filed Application is cancelled by the Renter within (7) seven days of the requested event date.
AVAILABLE AMENITIES (not guaranteed): The Clubhouse has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, approximately 50 chairs, and approximately 6 assorted tables (round, rectangular) for use. (All chairs and tables should be returned where originally found). No furniture may be placed on the lawn.
I have read and understand both sides of this Clubhouse/Back Lawn Rental Application/Agreement and agree to abide by the terms. I understand that I am fully responsible for any and all damage caused by myself or my guests and that I may be charged in excess of my deposit for damages and/or any infractions as stated in this contract. The Homeowner is current in all dues and assessments.
- The Oak Lake Association, its Directors and Officers, Managing Agents, appointed Designee(s) and Employees assume no responsibility for the personal property of anyone using the Clubhouse during times of reserved use. The renter will remove all such property from the premises at the conclusion of the reserved use unless prior arrangements have been made.
- The renter holder and all users of the Clubhouse during a time of reserved use will be responsible for adherence to the Association’s Declaration of Covenants, Articles of Incorporation and By-laws, including all amendments thereto, the Rules and Regulations of the Association, House Rules and all specifications of the rental permit.
It is understood that the permit holder agrees to indemnify the Association, its Directors and Officers, Managing Agents, appointed Designee(s) and Employees, and save them harmless from and against any and all liability, damage, expense, cause of action, suits, claims or judgments arising from injury to person or property occurring in or about the premises and upon the adjoining sidewalks, streets or ways which may arise from the Association’s ownership of the premises, from any action or omission of the renter, its agents, employees, invitee or licensees, or from any cause whatsoever.